Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Welcome to talk about the New York Mets

I've been a Mets fan since the team began, the result of an unfortunate occurrence. The "Bums," as the Dodgers were called when they played at Ebbets Field, deserted the city for LaLa land, creating a vacuum that, fortunately, the Mets filled.

I've seen a lot. I've witnessed Casey Stengel managing the Mets, Ron Swoboda dropping fly balls, and the making of two of the dumbest trades in baseball history: the trading of Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi and of Scott Kazmir for two pitchers whose names I can't even recall.

In this blog I intend to share my insights into a team that again seems to be on the right track. Behind the leadership of Omar Minaya and Willie Randolph, the Mets (hopefully) will become again a team to be reckoned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment